Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween 2010

For the last two weeks of October our theme was pumpkins again with a little Halloween thrown in.   I kept Tot School light these last two weeks, because there was so much other stuff going on.  We did do a couple little projects though.

K and E colored this pumpkin picture.  I printed out the page with 4 pumpkins for K and 2 pumpkins for E, since that is how old they are.  We also cut open a pumpkin so that they could see what it was like inside.  We had spent the last two weeks reading about pumpkins, so I wanted them to get a close up look.  Surprisingly, E wanted nothing to do with the messiness of the seeds, but K was all about it.  Not at all what I expecting!  E was only willing to check it out from afar, but K helped me clean out the pumpkin so that we could roast the seeds.  We roasted them in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper.  I had never had them before, and they were pretty good.



On Saturday, we went to a pumpkin patch with my family and were able to see where pumpkins are grown.  We saw a few animals, went on a hayride, made it through a haystack maze and climbed a hay pyramid. 



The next day K and E went trick or treating with their cousins, and came home with way too much candy!  K was Queen Titania from her from her favorite fairy books.  E was a rooster!  He was so cute saying cock-a-doodle-doo and Happy Halloween to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment