
We do art a few times a week. Every week we have a theme (pirates, summer, birds, fall, etc.), and art projects are a big part of that. Also on Fridays, K does an project from her Abeka Art book or does a page from the Draw Write Now, Book 1. These pictures are of an art project that we did on Tuesday to go along with our theme of the week - Summer. They colored in some circles with yellow and orange crayons, and then used forks in yellow paint to add some sunbeams. Then they sprinkled on a little glitter to make them sparkle. I hadn’t let E paint too much (he just turned 2), and he loved it. I think I need to come up with some more painting projects.
You remind me that it doesn't have to be complicated to be fun! Kids just like being creative and getting a little messy!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the Homeschool Village.
Blessings,
Kim
HOw fun! What a great post!
ReplyDeleteMeghan
www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com
www.facebook.com/hiphomeschoolmoms
Thanks Nicole - I didn't know Abeka had an art curriculum!! My son has always loved art and we're constantly including it a few times each week!
ReplyDeletethanks for linking up!!
Stef
the homeschool village
Your themes are GREAT!!! Sounds like FUN!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a couple of the Draw Write Now books ... I should get them out for my rising Ker - thanks for reminding me about them!! ;)
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great year!