Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Farm Field Trip!

Yesterday a nearby farm had a discount for homeschoolers, so we went with a couple of friends.  It was a little weird to start out the week like that, but hopefully it won't throw us off too much.  We still managed to get all of our school work done yesterday afternoon, so we should be ok.

Back to the farm...K and E had so much fun with their friends.  I have some amazing friends who have amazing kids.  It makes these things so much more pleasant!  The kids started out playing a couple of carnival type games, and the younger kids went in a little bouncy thing.  We then headed over to the giant corn maze.  We didn't look at the map that they had at the beginning of the maze, we just followed the kids inside.  After a few minutes, my friends and I started wondering how big this thing was and after seeing a giant spider we decided we should get out.   I think my pregnant friend was starting to worry she would have to have her child in there.  At that point we turned around and headed back toward the front.  Once we made it out we looked at the map and saw that if we did the whole thing it was 2.6 miles and the only exit was at the beginning!  We were so glad that we turned around.  After the maze the kids went on a train ride, which they all thought was super exciting.  Then they did quite a lot of bouncing on something that I don't know how to describe so there will be a picture below!  At this point it was starting to get really hot.  The kids never seem to mind, but my friends and I do not like the heat.  None of us are from here, so I am pretty sure we just weren't made to be outside when it is 80 degrees.  The kids were not ready to go so we let them go in the much smaller hay maze, and then we went to see the animals.  It was a very fun morning!

I let the kids rest for awhile and watch a movie when we got home, but then it was time for school.  E is loving his work right now.  I just bought a whole new K4 curriculum for him, because what we were doing was not enough.   So we are now doing Abeka K4 and www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com's K4.  He will be so ready for Kindergarten!  K just finished first grade math last week, so we are starting second grade math today.  I love that she loves math!  Both K and E are both really enjoying history and science, and it is really fun that we can do it together.  We are using a mix of Tapestry of Grace and Story of the World for history, and we are on Year 1 which is ancient history.  We are using Elemental Science's new curriculum, Sassafrass Science Adventures, for science this year.  They both love it, it's learning about animals after all!  So there is a little look into what we have been doing.  Now it is time to start another day and get to work!



 
































No comments:

Post a Comment