Monday, August 9, 2010

Homeschool Room

Not Back to School Blog Hop

Our homeschool room is up in our loft.  We had initially figured it would be a playroom, so it was an easy transition once we decided that we were going to homeschool.  We even already had the maps up on the wall and the little table and chairs.  Since then we have added the white board, all of the preschool posters, the calendar, and the three bookshelves (from Target and I love them).   Our current curriculum and newish read alouds are on the bookshelves, as well as some future curriculum.   I keep most of our supplies and misc homeschool stuff in our linen closet in the hall that I have taken over.  I think there is one little stack of towels still in there. 

There are a few more things I would like to do with the room.  I would like to add a reading corner with bean bags and shelves.  Also I need something to display the kids' art. 



 

22 comments:

  1. Love your room! Looks like a fun place to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute room! I'm loving the low bookshelves and the colorful chairs! You've done a great job - it looks great!! ;)

    Blessings to you as you begin a new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Mental note: Look for a loft in the next house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely space! It looks like it has a lot of great light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tour - have a great school year

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the openess. Have a blessed school year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nicole - what a great room. I'm envious of how clean it is! Very airy too!! Enough room to do jumping jacks!! Not that I do - but the boy does when we need to focus!!

    Stef
    http://laytonfamilyjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your room~ it is adorable! I am now following your blog and look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to drop in from the Hop, your blog title with 'Chaos' got my attention. I'm in the desert too - not easy sometimes, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your room and love that brown table. Very nice area to do some learning for sure. Have a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your room has such a calm, peaceful feeling. Does it make for quiet, focused students? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and fun!

    Our school room was a play room first too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so wanting a separate room for school now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! Love the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are starting our first year of homeschooling so I am looking for ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great room. very inviting. i use fishing line (held by tacks) and clothespins (decoupaged, of course) to display my kid's art in the school room. it's easy to put up and easy to change. i'll try to post a picture the little kid's school room, soon. it's in the process of being cleared out.
    have a blessed school year.
    pax Christi - lena

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat space! how DO you keep your 2yr old from ripping everything off the shelves though??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love your space! Big time loving it! :) Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your school room! So organized and absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete