Thursday, September 2, 2010

Homeschool Village - History



This week at The Homeschool Village the topic is history...our homeschooling history.  Mine is pretty simple.   A friend was thinking of homeschooling, and told me about it.  I thought she must be crazy, but I was interested.  I read some books, did some research, and I was hooked.  That was when my daughter was only 2 years old, so I've been mentally preparing for awhile now. I am thankful for all that time! Since then God has placed an amazing homeschool family in our lives, which just strengthened my belief that this is what our family should be doing. If you are interested in the long version of this story, then check out my Classical Education page.

3 comments:

  1. Very succinct. I love when seemingly little things are put in our path that change our lives forever. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked up on your blog (I have it in my reader, so I've been reading it regularly but hadn't visited for a while) and you have been busy! It looks great! I saw that you might be using Peace Hill Press' bible curriculum - I was looking at that the other day too. And I just decided to do an orchestra study, we are using the Story of the Orchestra book as well and another book too, we started this afternoon. Fun!!

    Now we are both crazy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I only thought you were crazy that first day!

    ReplyDelete